• The third annual Capt. Kyle Comfort 5K Memorial Run & Walk will start at 8 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 10, at the Medical Park on McClellan. Registered runners will receive an event t-shirt with sponsor logos on the back.
Registration is $25 for adults, $20 for children and $15 for member of the Anniston Runners Club. The registration deadline is Wednesday, Nov. 7.
For more information, contact the race director, Joel Denney, at 256-452-8699 or email@example.com Or visit www.cptkylecomfortfoundation.org
• A Veterans Day ceremony will be held at 11 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 11 s, at the Centennial Memorial Park at 17th and Quintard in Anniston. A Veterans Day parade will be held in Anniston beginning at 2 p.m. on Nov. 11. For more information, contact Ken Rollins at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fall festival for Trinity Christian Academy will be from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. Activities will include a ride in the pumpkin express, pony rides, country store, games, moon bounce, a basket auction and food and craft vendors. Call 256-831-3333 with questions.
• Cheaha Good Sam November campout will be at Noccalula Falls Campground near Gadsden. It will be the last planned campout for the year. We will be camping Nov.12-17th. Bill and Jane Littrell will be hosts and Kenneth and Dorthy Roberts will be asst. hosts. Please call 256-442-6995 or 256-458-7985.
• School supplies are being accepted for donation at any Complete Cash locations in Anniston, Oxford, Jacksonville and Heflin. Call 256-831-1722 for more information on the program.
• Celebrate Recovery, 12-step Christ-centered recovery Step Study Group, 6 p.m., Wed., Word Alive International Outreach, Coldwater, 256-225-2186 or 256-223-6593.
• Yellow Dot program, sponsored by the Oxford Fire Dept., encourages all residents to come by the #1 station, 70 E. 6th St., between 7 a.m.-7 p.m., seven days a week and fill out forms related to procedures to take in case of an auto accident. Call 256-256-831-3208.
• Betta-View Hills Church of Christ will begin a new children’s ministry on Sun., Dec. 2. Open House/registration/Fun Day will take place on Nov. 18 from 2:30-5p.m.. There will be refreshments for all and fun activities in the fellowship hall. If your child is not currently attending Sunday School and Wednesday night Bible study, this is hte perfect time to start. The church is located at 2140 Highway 78 east in Oxford. Form more information call 256-831-0651.